I have a client that is a well known up and coming domain investor looking to acquire a category killer .Com. He’s a trust worthy and respectable entrepreneur and is a man of his word. His only specifications at this point is that the domain name either be specific to a product or that it can be used as a directory based site. If you have suggestions or know of a domain name of this caliber that is for sale please shoot me a private message.
Below you will see a list of recent high dollar domain sales that I pulled from DNJournal’s domain sales chart.
Recent Domain Sales:
- Ringtones.com- Sedo for $750k
- Color.com – Go Daddy Auction for $350k
- Clothing.net – Sedo for $40k
- Holand.net – Michael Berkins for $32k
- QIP.com – Go Daddy Auction for $25k
- Bargainhunt.com -Moniker/Snap Names for $15k
If you had $200k to invest in a category killer domain name would you invest in a vertical market or a horizontal market? In other words would you invest in a specific niche or generic domain that could encompass numerous industries?